Their caramel's are handmade gourmet caramel's made from the finest natural ingredients. They make a perfect companion to our Real Apple Butter or if you are feeling a bit more adventurous, our Apple Pepper Preserve. While caramel and apples are not a new idea, I think that this dessert treat will offer you something unique for your coffee guests or just a cozy evening at home. You can find Edna's Caramels at //www.ednascaramels.com/
Caramel Apple Explosion
One Sheet Puff Pastry
One jar Lucille's Kitchen Garden Apple Pepper Preserve or Real Apple Butter
Six Edna's Caramels
- Preheat oven according to puff pastry instructions
- Cut puff pastry into six equal squares
- Drop one teaspoon of Apple Pepper Preserve or Real Apple Butter in the center of each square.
- Place one caramel on top of preserve or apple butter
- Pinch edges of puff pastry together making a pocket, be sure to seal the filling in completely
- Bake in oven according to puff pastry instructions
- Take out of oven and allow to cool for a few minuets as the inside goodness will be really hot!
- Serve warm or refridgerate and serve cool at a later time (lock the fridge as they have a tendency to wander off unexpectedly!)
We enjoy ours warm with a cup of Celtic coffee. Since our trip to Costa Rica, home to some of the warmest people one the planet, as well as some of the most talented coffee growers in the world we recommend using a Fair Trade Costa Rican Coffee.