Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Market Supper September 15, 2008


As the temperature drops, we find ourselves digging out all of our favorite sweaters and soup recipes. I like to serve a light side with cream soups, like the squash curry soup featured in this week's Market Supper. The Zucchini Latkes can be served as a starter, or along side your soup, as all of the flavors marry well. I have been using the Garlic Pepper Preserve for my fall latkes. You will also notice that I mention Very Prairie graham crackers as a dessert or snack. Very Prairie makes a unique selection of products ranging from hand crafted pastas and crackers to a lovely chev're. Next week I plan to try a pasta recipe from her pasta selection and I will let you know how it turns out! A word on the squash you pick for your soup. I have used many different types of squash for this recipe and am currently using butter nut squash since my garden is overflowing with them. I recommend that you choose whichever variety of squash that you have enjoyed in the past. This recipe makes a medium spicy soup. Feel free to add additional ginger or curry powder to taste. Stay cozy and see you at the Market! Remember to click on the Market Supper Image to enlarge for printing or reading.

1 comment:

thedrunkenblogger said...

mmmm zucchini latke sounds sooo delish!